My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, September 22, 2006

More of It

Yesterday was filled with more of the struggle to restore order to my
life. I managed to unpack all of the wardrobe boxes yesterday. It was
good to get rid of them because they are so large. There are still so
many things that I have not found. The crazy packers put so many
things in the bottom of the wardrobe boxes. They shoved my electronic
keyboard which was under my bed, and I am sure was dusty in between my
very best clothes in one of the wardrobe boxes.

Meagan came at 11 AM for the 21 day follow up. She had one of her
co-workers, Christie, with her. Christie has worked for Pulte/Del Webb
for two and a half years and her experience was very helpful. As soon
as I turned the garbage disposal on, she was screaming at me to turn
it off. She reached down in the garbage disposal and pulled out a
screw, a nut, and two other pieces of metal of indeterminate shape.
Now the disposal makes a very acceptable whirring sound.

Meagan is going to have GE come out and see what they can do about
repositioning the dishwasher next Wednesday. GE went to the next door
neighbor's house yesterday and said they could not move the dishwasher
back in the cabinet because the cabinet is not deep enough. My
dishwasher has an additional problem in that the top rack does not
roll in straight. I think something is bent.

Meagan is going to have the hole in the backyard where I almost
twisted my ankle filled. Christie told Meagan how to fix the flapper
in the range vent so it would stop making the noise. It has been windy
the last two days and the rattle is getting on my nerves.

The rest of the problems are cosmetic issues with touch up painting.
Meagan was relieved that list was not much longer. I had found a sales
brochure from Sun City West for their 1985 model homes. Del Webb was
celebrating their 25th anniversary at the time. These young women
looked at the floor plans and said they were "so eighties." I am old
the 80's seem like yesterday to me. It was kind of interesting to see
that some of the names of the model homes are the same that are being
used for Frisco Lakes models.

Later I had a visit from the "Cookie Ladies." They were from the
Community Association and brought me a bag of cookies. One of the
ladies works as a receptionist at the sales center. I recognized the
other one as someone I had talked to at one of the wine and cheese
socials.

Last night I saw on one of the weather websites that Frisco was under
a tornado watch. I had unpacked my NOAA weather radio, but I had not
found the manual. I guessed which box had the manual and was lucky to
find it. I went to the NOAA website and got the codes for both Collin
and Denton counties and programmed the radio to alarm if weather
alerts are sent out. The City of Frisco has sirens around the area
that are supposed to warn of a tornado, but I doubt if Frisco Lakes
has been covered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.