My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, September 15, 2006

More

I felt like I was being very lazy yesterday. I did not open one single
box. What I did do was run the dishwasher repeatedly. I had opened
kitchen boxes the night before and every inch of kitchen counter was
covered. I now have quite a few clean dishes that are put away.
Another load is washing right now. I did manage to prepare three
normal meals yesterday for myself. I think that is the first time I
have prepared and eaten three meals since Labor Day. I took two short
naps during the day.

The clock man called to see if I was still having a problem with the
clock. He said it was worrying him. I told him the quarter hour chimes
were still off by 15 minutes. He came to the house and had a simple
solution. He took the hands off the clock and put them in the next
slot and stopped the clock for 15 minutes. After that, it has been in
sync. It was a relief to get it working properly.

I ran my lawn sprinkler system through a test yesterday morning. All
six stations seem to be working properly. My sprinkler system back in
Beaumont only had two or three stations. I really have a nice lot. It
is higher than many parts of Frisco Lakes.

I found the courage to go to the sales office and fill out the
paperwork for my satellite dish. I talked to the woman who is handling
the requests. She did not approve my application on the spot like she
did for my neighbors. She said she would drive out and look at it and
submit her recommendation to the committee which is supposed to meet
today. I really think my dish is less prominent than several of the
others that I have seen.

My replacement American Express card came in the mail yesterday. I
promptly used it to order a stainless steel Cuisinart can opener from
Amazon.com. This is my first Internet order since moving into the new
house. I used my manual can opener yesterday. The can opener I had was
mounted under the cabinet. I left it behind in Beaumont. I do not want
to put holes in my new cabinets.

After I go to the doctor's office for the blood work and eat the 99
cent breakfast at IKEA, I am going to go to Sam's and Wal-Mart. There
are several things that I have to buy that I know I already have, but
I don't know which box to open in order to find what I need.

Last night I fell asleep while watching Survivor. I missed most of it.
I also fell asleep during As the World Turns. I had accidentally set
the DVR to record ATWT and was able to see what I had missed. I tried
to watch CSI but gave up and went to bed. At some point I will catch
up on my sleep and recover from the fatigue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.