My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

More of the Same

Not really. The temperature is very different this morning.
Weather.com says it is 55 degrees in Frisco. I need to unpack more of
the wardrobe boxes and find warmer clothes.

I unpacked a few more boxes yesterday. I cannot describe how much
these boxes upset me. I run into them. My body is bruised because of
them. When I empty them, I am finding this house is very short on
storage space. It is so frustrating.

I do not know if I have the insurance coverage on the Beaumont house
straightened out now or not. I talked to the insurance company again
yesterday. I see on my online account that another policy was added
yesterday. They have cancelled the homeowners twice, and hopefully now
issued the fire policy. I got an application for the fire policy in
the mail yesterday. USAA used to be one of the best insurance
companies in the country. They have grown and developed into an
inefficient bureaucracy.

I saw on the Our Frisco Lakes website that Mayflower is going to be
one of the sponsors for the block party for the Phase I group who have
just moved in. I am going to have to restrain myself from walking up
to them and giving them a good swift kick. I have to take a salad that
will serve 10-12 people. I guess I won't be taking a spinach salad.

The exterminator came yesterday. He sprayed under the sinks and around
the kitchen baseboards, around the perimeter of the house, the garage
and the attic. He also stuffed a copper mesh in the weep holes. His
equipment to put the chemical in the tubes in the wall was broken so
he has to come back and do that on Wednesday. I found a dead cricket
this morning so the spraying must have done some good. I walked around
the house with him and saw an ant hill right next to the wall outside
my bedroom. It looked like fire ants to me, but the exterminator said
it was acrobat ants. Fire ants were all over SE Texas. I had several
painful encounters with them over the years.

I really should go for a walk this morning. I have seen several people
out walking in the mornings. I have to wash my hair first. I just want
order in my life so I can start to enjoy my new home.

I saw the mail carrier for the first time. I had been watching for a
U.S. Mail truck but the mail is being delivered in a little dark green
station wagon. The mail carrier is a woman. She brought my package
from Amazon.com and put it by the front door. I tried out the new can
opener last night. I found it much easier to use than the one I left
behind in Beaumont. When I read the reviews on Amazon.com, I saw some
people complained that the can opener was difficult to get started
cutting a can. I had no trouble and all. The people who complained
about the Cuisinart can opener would really struggle with the Black &
Decker can opener I left in Beaumont.

I think it is a good sign that most of the people who have moved in
are putting little chairs and tables on their front porches. The
houses have patios in back, but the front porches should make this
place like an old fashioned neighborhood where the people get to know
each other. I saw a couple across the cul-de-sac sitting out on their
front porch yesterday afternoon.

I called the realtor in Beaumont and asked her what was happening. She
said the Coldwell Banker agents had their walk through, and the house
has been shown several times. I asked what kind of comments they were
getting. She said one couple wanted a bedroom downstairs. That is a
drawback of the house. The new owner is going to have to be a young
healthy person. I climbed the stairs for almost nineteen years.
Actually I think it was less difficult to climb the stairs than to
walk from one end of the new house to the other. I have been doing a
great deal of that thanks to the lame brains that packed my
belongings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.