My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Frisco, Texas Is My Home

I live in Frisco. I'm from Frisco. I said those things out loud as I drove from Beaumont to Frisco this morning. I like the sound of them.

The Candlewood Suites where I stayed last night was a strange place. The room was polluted with stale cigarette smoke, and it was
unbearably cold. The thermostat said it was 64 degrees. I kept moving
the setpoint up. When I got up this morning, the room had warmed to
67. They had not slipped a bill under my door as most hotels do. I
called the desk and was told I had to check out at the desk. They also
did not provide a breakfast. When I went down to check out, I handed
the desk clerk my American Express card. It had been swiped the night
before. She said it could not be read. I gave her another credit card.
She said she had been having a lot of trouble with American Express
cards.

I then went to McDonalds for breakfast. I tried to pay with the
American Express card and it had some message about not getting
authorization. I became alarmed and called American Express when I got
to the car. I was afraid that some kind of security mechanism had been
triggered because of the large unusual charges. The rep. I talked with
said she could not see any problem with my account. I suggested the
magnetic strip may have gone bad. She said she would send me a new
card.

When I got to the hotel in Frisco, I handed over the American Express
card. The authorization was denied. I absolutely panicked because I
thought what if that $400 charge from Wald Mayflower is not
authorized. They will hold up delivery of my furniture. I called
American Express again. This time I got a representative that sounded
as though she was a resident of the U.S. instead of their out-sourced
Indian call center. She apologized for the miscommunication. She said
when I called earlier in the day they had treated my card as if it had
been lost and cancelled the card. I cannot charge on American Express
until I get the new card in 7-8 business days. I then asked about the
$400 charge from Wald Mayflower. She said it had been approved and
gone through yesterday.

I looked very carefully at every moving van I saw on the highway
today. I saw one Atlas and one Bekins truck. They were smaller than
the monster Wald sent to me. I saw two big United Van Lines trucks
that were like the giant Mayflower. I thought now that is interesting
because Mayflower and United Van Lines have the same parent company. I
think this is a new kind of scam. They give a binding bid with the
exception if extra labor or equipment is required..

I am now worried about getting the truck into Frisco Lakes. There is
so much road construction in the area that he will have difficulty
making the turns. He may also have difficulty with the streets around
my cul-de-sac, but I have figured out a solution. I wanted a standard
lot but had to pay extra for a premium lot in order to get a house in
Phase I. The beauty of my lot is I have no neighbor on the west side.
The side of the house is almost parallel to Frisco Lakes Drive which
is one of the widest streets in the development. He can park on Frisco
Lakes Drive and have just a few steps to my door. They got me once.
They are not going to get me again,

After I checked into the hotel I went straight to my house. That
little angel, Meagan, was standing in front of my house with her hard
hat on. She gave me the key back. The shutter people had installed all
but the master bathroom shutter this morning. Meagan showed me the
trash containers from the City of Frisco. Meagan had put them in the
garage. She said they were delivered the day after I left. They were
supposed to wait a week to ten days. There is one container for
regular trash and one for recycle material. The things that should be
recycled are pictured on top of the container. I really like the way
Frisco operates.

I love my shutters. I partially unloaded the car. There are some
things I am going to leave in the car trunk until after the movers
have left. While I was unloading the car, the doorbell rang, and it
was an installer from the shutter company. She put up a temporary
blind in the bathroom until the final shutter is installed.

By this point I was starting to feel extremely weak from hunger. I had
not eaten since I had the Egg McMuffin meal early this morning. I
absolutely do not recommend an Egg McMuffin meal. I went to the IKEA
store and had their baked salmon meal and a plate of Swedish pastries.
Much better.

By then it was four o'clock. I decided it would be a bad time to go to
the post office. I want to pick up the mail they have accumulated
since last week and tell them to end the construction hold and begin
delivery.

I sent my realtor a note this morning and told about the hole the
movers made in the sheetrock and also all the water and soda pop
bottles and other trash that were left behind. She wrote back and said
that she would see that everything was taken care of and for me not to
worry about a thing.

Things are looking up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.