My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day

That's the right name for it. This is the day before the packers come
in. I have been going non-stop since I woke up this morning. After
breakfast I went to Wal-Mart and bought bottled water, soda pop and a
frozen pizza to eat the last day while the furniture is being carried
out.

I came home and went to work to disconnect my stereo components. I had
forgotten what a bad job it is. A man from a local stereo store
connected the components. I have decided I am going to find someone to
put it back together for me in Frisco. Everything seems to be heavier
and harder to handle than I remembered. I have things all over the
house that need to be disconnected. The packers do not do that. Every
time I look around I find something else to do.

I did my last load of laundry in my old washing machine. I am really
glad that I decided to get new machines. I am not taking many clothes
with me. The car is full of the contents of my filing cabinet. I put
the scanner and laser printer in the car this morning. I could tell my
car handled differently with the heavy load when I drove up to
Wal-Mart. I will be glad when I get to Frisco and can unload it.

My former neighbor who used to live across the street from me called
this morning. I found out that my next door neighbors were out in
Colorado on vacation last week while I was in Frisco. He had a stroke
while out there, was airlifted to Denver, has had two emergency
surgeries and is in intensive care. What really disturbs me is this
man is approximately two weeks younger than I. We have discussed how
close our birthdays are several times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.