My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

This Is It

By 10 AM the packers will be here. I have come up with a new plan to
handle the cable box return. The TV in my bedroom is not on digital
cable and gets the plain old analog signal that comes from the wall.
If the packers leave early enough for me to return the box and modem
this afternoon, I will do it. Surely my cable won't be shut off until
tomorrow, and I can still watch Big Brother without the cable box. As
a last resort, I can watch it tomorrow night on my computer at the
hotel. CBS.com has all the episodes that can be viewed online.

I have a very long cable than ran clear around the bedroom. I connect
my iPod to my Bose Wave radio. If I wake up in the middle of the
night, I listen to podcasts. This morning at 4:45 I was gathering up
the cable and disconnecting the radio. It is absolutely unbelievable
how many things have to be disconnected. I spent most of yesterday on
the task. I still have to disconnect the WiFi router, cable modem and
cable box before the packers get here. Eighteen years ago I had my
stereo, VCR, Atari computer and a few X-10 modules. It was nothing
like what I have faced this time. Someday everything will be wireless
and people will no longer have to suffer like I am.

I have packed the clothes to see me through until the weekend. I have
a little pile of luggage and a tote bag that I am going to tell the
packers and movers not to touch. That will go in the car tomorrow
afternoon. This will be my last blog entry from my Beaumont house. If
I am able to sit up I will write more tomorrow night at the hotel in
Beaumont.

By the way someone posted a comment with a suggestion on how to remove
the adhesive residue from the kitchen tile. I finished the job on
Sunday. I scraped and scrubbed and got it done. No one can tell that I
had such a mess. The only reminder is I scrapped a knuckle while
scrubbing. I am finding I bruise and get scrapped and cut very easily.
I guess that what comes with the aging process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.