My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

What Is the Matter With Me?

Sometimes I almost feel sick when I think of all the things that have to be done in the last few weeks before the move. The palms of my hands start to sweat when I think about it. Tomorrow I am going to the bank and cash the savings bonds. Around the 15th I will request that the money be sent to my bank from two brokerage companies. Then before I go up to Frisco I will have the money wired to the title company. I keep thinking what if something goes wrong. It is most likely that all will go smoothly, but it seems to be my nature to torture myself with worry.
 
Last week I was dreading cleaning off the shelves in the garage. I thought it was going to be absolutely terrible. I broke the chore into small tasks over three days, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. I have been going through this misery since I returned from the evacuation. I suffered a great deal before I made the decision to move. I wish I could just take things more calmly. One by one I have made my decisions: what model house to buy, the lot, the color selections, the plantation shutters, the mover, the appliances, what belongings to part with, etc. etc. Now I am worrying what if things do not go as planned.
 
I keep looking at the list of people who are buying houses in Frisco Lakes. There are nine houses on my cul-de-sac. I noticed yesterday the people who were supposed to be buying the house next door to me have disappeared from the list. There could be any number of reasons why they are no longer listed, but this has added new reasons to worry: did they know something that I do not know?, will that house be vacant for a long time?, will the construction process next door to me be dragged out?.
 
I do not know what is going on with the house. Is the brick finished? They seemed to stop 3/4 of the way through putting on the brick. Is the remaining brick coming from another batch? Will it match? My brain needs an on-off switch. I met a nice couple during the last trip to Frisco who have emailed me. I asked them if they would take a look at my house if they go to Frisco Lakes this weekend. Maybe I will get an answer to my questions about the brick soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.