My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Update

Another week has gone by, and I did not accomplish very much. The rain slowed me down for several days. The house was so dark during the rainy period that I did not like feel doing any of the cleaning chores. I cancelled a doctor's appointment on Monday morning because I was afraid of getting trapped by flooded streets. The appointment is rescheduled for August 17. The rain finally let up, and I was able to keep my hair appointment on Thursday. Yesterday I went to Sam's Club and now am stocked up for a while.
 
This morning I emailed an alarm monitoring company in Dallas named Smith Thompson. I have read good things about them. Del Webb is having a company named Ranger American install the alarm system. Del Webb tells me I will void the warranty if I have someone else monitor the system. I have read on the Frisco Online forum that Smith Thompson may provide their own warranty. I hope I can work something out.
 
Time Warner is taking over the cable system in the Frisco area starting Monday. I am going to contact them and see if I can get more information on when cable service will be available in Frisco Lakes. I hope a miracle happens, and they are there when I move in. I just do not like the idea of having a satellite dish installed on my roof. I read that the RoadRunner email address for the north Dallas area is going to take the format xxxxx@tx.rr.com. The reasoning for that is more obvious than my current RoadRunner email address xxxxx@gt.rr.com. Most people do not know that "gt" stands for Golden Triangle which includes Beaumont, Port Arthur, Orange and several smaller towns in the area.
 
When I was in Frisco, I found out that grab bars could be installed in the bathrooms. My sales associate told me they would be installed as an option only if they were a medical necessity and they required a note from your doctor so stating. I thought about this for awhile and decided that because I have low bone density and take Actonel I could use this as my reason. I felt silly calling my doctor's office and asking for the note. My doctor's nurse said that my request was quite reasonable. He said that I would not believe the things people request. Anyway I got my note and sent it on to my sales associate. You have to be 55 years old to purchase a house in Frisco Lakes. Considering the age of the homeowners I think grab bars should be standard in all the homes. I do not appreciate having to jump through hoops to get one. I do have to pay extra for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.