My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Update

Things were fairly quiet yesterday. I unplugged the upright freezer that I am donating to the Salvation Army. It is a frostless model. What was surprising is how much water ran out on the floor as it warmed up. It kept me busy wiping up the water. I propped the door open so it could dry out on the inside. Now I understand what happened last September when the electricity was off for almost two weeks because of Hurricane Rita. I was very fortunate that I had very little food in the freezer and also nothing that leaked in the kitchen refrigerator. Many of my friends were forced to buy new refrigerators because they could not rid them of the odor caused by two plus weeks of spoiled food.
 
If I were staying here and had to evacuate again, I would dispose of my food before leaving, turn off the refrigerator and leave the door open. I am glad I did not have to buy new appliances and then have them moved to Frisco. Now I am getting all new appliances which will not be subjected to the perils of moving. I am really looking forward to the new appliances.
 
I keep seeing commercials on TV for the Sears Elite Oasis washer and dryer and also the Whirlpool Cabrio lines. I keep worrying that I may be making a big mistake by spending so much money on unproven technology, but I keep reading mostly good comments about the Elite Oasis pair on the Laundry Room Forum. I also worry about the new refrigerator. It has so many specialized compartments that I am wondering if it will have room for regular food.
 
This morning I ordered the swimsuit from L.L. Bean. I had waited several days since I first saw it. It is still in stock. I should have it in a week or less which leaves plenty of time before the move.
 
I am going to Sam's Club this morning. My shopping list is rather short. I am cutting back on what I buy there. I usually buy canned fruit and vegetables from them. I do not think it is a good idea to subject canned food to the high temperatures that  might be encountered during the move. I am using what I have on hand and shall buy anything I need from the regular grocery stores until the move. I am compiling a shopping list for Sam's when I get moved in so I can re-establish my normal lifestyle as quickly as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.