My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Time Warner

The cable company in North Dallas officially started operating as Time Warner on Monday of this week. I called on Tuesday to inquire about when cable service would be available in Frisco Lakes. The man I talked to said he would have someone call me with information. I was growing very frustrated because my call had not been returned. Time Warner in Southeast Texas is running ads on TV about how they can assist in transferring service when you move. I decided to call them and see if they could help me with service in Frisco since they are all Time Warner. I talked with a very helpful rep. She found the same number that I had called. She suggested I ask to talk to a supervisor the next time I call.
 
She gave me information on their locations and hours where I can turn in my digital cable box and cable modem when I get ready to leave. I would like to return the equipment right after the packers finish. I won't be watching TV or using the computer while the movers are loading. The cable bill is always paid in advance. Right now I am paid through August 31. The bill for September will be sent out on August 20. I always pay online the day the bill is sent. I found that I have until September 10 to pay the September bill. I can pay for the actual days I use at the time I return the equipment and will not have to wait for a refund. I think I will be turning in the equipment on September 6.
 
I know the regional general manager for Time Warner in the Golden Triangle. I also have the name and phone number for their public relations manager. I was getting so disgusted with Dallas that I thought I would call the local public relations manager and ask for the name and phone number of his counterpart in Dallas. I had just dialed his number when another call rolled over to my cellphone. I answered the cellphone and a very nice lady named Meg was calling from Time Warner Dallas. She told me there will be Time Warner service in my area in mid September. She asked if I was going into Waterstone or Frisco Lakes. Waterstone is a new Pulte development that is adjacent to Frisco Lakes. I explained just where I am moving and told her that I will be moving in on September 8 or 9. She said now that they are Time Warner things may move faster, and they may be there.
 
I can remember back in 1987 when I was moving to Beaumont. TCI was telling me they did not know when service would be available. I was moving into a brand new area then. The miracle happened and service became available the week before I moved in. I hope that history repeats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.