My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Utilities Revisited

This morning I decided to go ahead and finalize arrangements for the
utilities in Frisco. Way back in June I had contacted CoServe
regarding the gas and electricity. They said in order for them to
waive the deposit requirements I would have to get a credit reference
letter from my current electrical provider. I had called Entergy, and
they promptly sent me the letter which I faxed to CoServe on June 29.
I began to worry that I had done that much too soon. Anyway I was
relieved when I called this morning and told CoServe I wanted the
service to start August 31. They lady looked me up and said they had
the letter, and I would not have to pay the deposits. She then said I
was set up for electrical only. I said I had to have both gas and
electricity. She said she did not show a gas meter for the address. I
told her the house was under construction, and the gas meter probably
had not been installed. She said she would set it up for gas too. I
then called my construction superintendent. He confirmed the gas meter
is not in. He said he is working as hard as he can and cracking the
whip. I believe him.

I then called the City of Frisco Water Department for water, sewer and
trash. They told me that they did not take applications over the phone
and that I would have to go to their website, print the application,
fill it out and fax it to them along with a copy of my drivers
license. I did all that. I hope they now do their part.

I then called the special number I was given to call at Time Warner to
check on the status of new construction. I got an answering service
that still said Comcast. I recorded a message and asked that they call
me back with an update.

For now that takes care of everything in Frisco. The phone service in
Beaumont will end on September 6. The rest of the utilities except cable will
remain on in Beaumont until the house is sold. I still have to give
address changes to them and make arrangements with the lawn service to
mow the grass until the house is sold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.