My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Oh

The longer I live, the less I understand. The world just seems to keep getting more complicated. Yesterday I called USAA, my insurance company, and told them to go ahead and issue the homeowners policy on the new house to be effective August 31. The representative also asked me about my auto insurance and said he would change the location of the car to Frisco effective September 8. He said my mailing address would be changed on all of my policies.
 
I also have what is called a personal articles floater with USAA that covers my camera equipment, jewelry and silverware. It gives worldwide protection and offers all hazard coverages that regular homeowners does not. The representative said it really did not matter which address was on the policy since it is good no matter where my property is located.. He said it is renewing on October 1, and they would change the address at that time. I told him I was glad that he mentioned the worldwide protection because I was concerned about moving my sterling flatware. I do not want it in the house during the packing and loading process, but I was not too comfortable with leaving it in the storage unit in Frisco. Now I think it is best to go ahead and put it in the storage unit. Last year when I evacuated I wrapped the chest in a garbage bag and put it in the trunk of my car. I left it there for the duration of the two week evacuation. It was a source of worry to me the whole time while the car was sitting in hotel parking lots. I was afraid to bring it into my room. Fortunately nothing bad happened.
 
All day long CNN was covering the terrorist plot that was uncovered in London. They were saying that no carryon luggage at all except for wallets and passports were being allowed on planes boarding in the U.K. I thought about my Nikon D70 camera. In the past I would never think of putting it in my checked baggage. Taking pictures when I travel is a great pleasure for me. I am going to check with USAA regarding just what protection my camera would have if it were in a checked bag. The airlines do not provide coverage, standard homeowners would be no help, and I think most camera insurance policies would be of no use. I think the USAA PAF may be the best answer, but still it would not alleviate my worry. Loss or damage to my camera would ruin a trip for me.
 
I just cannot understand how the minds of the terrorists work. How could anyone be filled with so much hate that they would be willing to kill complete strangers? Now everyone must endure all the inconveniences of the additional security procedures. When will it end?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.