My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Frisco Visit - Last Installment

On Saturday afternoon I went back out to Frisco Lakes to an ice cream social. I was the first one to arrive. I have not learned how to judge how much time it takes to drive around Frisco. Eventually other people arrived and there was a fairly large turn out. Del Webb had held a lot lottery for a new section of homes that morning  so there were several people there who had just signed their sales contracts. I am glad that I am not at that stage. I just want to get moved in and get my Beaumont house sold. Then I can settle down to a normal way of life.
 
I talked with a couple who I had met in June at the wine and cheese social. It is good to be able to talk to other people who are having the same experiences. I have only contacted one couple who are moving in before me. They are closing on August 24. My closing is set for August 31. I met another couple from my cul-de-sac who are closing the week after me. I am sure the rest of the people are going to be watching the early settlers very closely.
 
After the ice cream social, I drove to Plano to the Angelika Film Center  to see An Inconvenient Truth. The theater is on Bishop Rd. I had looked it up on Mapquest and printed out the directions before I left Beaumont. Bishop is just off of Legacy. Dr. Legacy is a north-south street in Frisco but makes a 90 degree turn in Plano and becomes an east-west street. I found Bishop Rd. without difficulty but did not spot the theater. Bishop Rd. is a very nice shopping center. I thought it almost looked like a New York City neighborhood; but of course, the buildings are very new. I drove around the area before I found a place to park my car. Most of the street level parking had time limits. I finally found a place to park, but I had to walk a couple of blocks back to the theater. The theater is very modern. You buy a ticket in the lobby and then ride an escalator up to the theater level. The theaters have wide screens and stadium seating. The Shops at Legacy have many restaurants and interesting shops. I will have to go back there and explore it thoroughly.
 
Frisco is getting a new shopping complex called the Shops at Starwood. I looked at the website and it appears to be similar to the Shops at Legacy. Starwood is the parent company of Westin and Sheraton hotels. There is a a big Westin resort in Frisco. I am assuming the Starwood subdivision and the Shops at Starwood are all related to the hotel company. I also read that Starwood is going to be building one of their mid-level, Four Points by Sheraton hotels in Frisco. They certainly have a big presence in Frisco.
 
After the movie, I got a bite to eat and went back to the hotel. I watched TV and went to bed early so I could make an early getaway on Sunday morning. The Dallas streets were almost empty early on Sunday morning, and it did not take very long to get to I45 and be on my way back to Southeast Texas. I arrived home at 12:45.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.