My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Update

There is an article in The Beaumont Enterprise today that confirms what I have been suspecting. It says that houses in the price range of my house in Beaumont are selling like hotcakes. When I came back from the evacuation after Hurricane Rita, I did not think anyone would want to buy a house in Beaumont. The article in the paper said there was a lull right after the hurricane, and then the demand really picked up. It said it was typical to have fifteen people look at a house the first day that it is listed. There was an article about a woman who had a contract on her house within two hours. If everything remains on schedule, the for sale sign will be in my yard withing eight weeks.
 
I went back to Sears yesterday. I saw Amanda, the young woman who sold me the washer and dryer. She is much more knowledgeable than her colleagues that I dealt with on Friday. Yesterday's one day sale did not meet all of my terms. She showed me what she knew about upcoming sales. On July 28 there will be a sale that gives me everything I want, but it requires the purchase of two appliances. I may end up waiting until Labor Day. I keep hoping that Home Depot will add the refrigerator to their website so I can go to Sears and ask for a price match.
 
After I left Sears, it was lunch time. There is a Piccadilly Cafeteria in the mall. I thought I would eat lunch there because I was really hungry and did not feel like going home and fixing my lunch. I walked in and was able to see the food in the serving line. It looked like everything they had was fried. A glance at the menu on the wall confirmed this. I was thinking about getting the baked white fish, and they did not have it. I turned around and and walked out. I then drove over to a place called Souper Salad that was in the mall area. When I got there, the building was vacant and there was a signt that said it was available. At that point I went home and fixed my lunch. At least I had something that was edible. I get so disgusted when I pay a high price and end up with something that is unappetizing.
 
I received a coupon in the mail for a free dessert at a Cheesecake Factory. They do not have a restaurant in Beaumont, but there is one in Frisco at the Stonebriar Mall. I looked at the Cheesecake Factory's menu on their website. Next Saturday I am going to have a Cobb salad and get my free cheesecake. I have also decided that I am going to go to the Angelika Film Center in Plano and see Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth. The movie has not been shown in Beaumont. I have decided it is time to start having some fun and enjoy what my new hometown has to offer. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.