My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Brick

The pictures from my sales associated arrived. The brick work is under way. I chose an upgraded brick called Old Colonial. From what I am able to see in the picture I like it. In ten days I will see the real thing.
 
I stopped procrastinating and sat down at the computer and started analyzing the bids I have from the four movers. At this point I have thrown out the two from Beaumont and narrowed my choice to Armstrong United and Wald Mayflower. Wald is higher by about $1,000. While I was entering the numbers, the phone rang, and it was the estimator from Armstrong. He assures me there will be no extra charge for second day delivery in Dallas. Armstrong is lower than Wald in three areas: 1. He did not include a crate for the grandfather clock. 2. He is lower on the weight by ~550 lb. 3. The packing charges are considerably lower, but the number of cartons is approximately the same. I can't figure out why the big difference on packing. I think the Wald estimator was more professional and tried to meet my requirements. I am going to ask both some more questions before making a final decision.
 
I went to the bank and cleaned out my safe deposit box. I thought they would have the decency to prorate the charge and give me a refund. The box is paid for through March, 2007. The branch manager said "sorry." Bah humbug!
 
The landscape architect emailed me the final proposal for the house. I will meet with him again next week.
 
I packed a few more small items in the twelfth box and updated my inventory list. There is a little more room in the box. I will find some more things before I seal it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.