My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Decision Time

The estimator from Wald Mayflower just left. His estimate came in the middle of the range of bids that I have received. His bid is binding. They will accept credit cards. That will give me frequent flier miles. A-OK does not take credit cards, but Mr Olson said he would have no problem accepting a personal check from me. The one negative thing that came out in my discussion with the Wald estimator was that my goods may share a van with another load. Mr. Olson will guarantee that no other load will be on the van. After the Wald estimator checked his tables he also said it would be illegal to load in Beaumont and drive to Dallas in the same day. That tracks what the Armstrong United estimator said. That tells me something about the Beaumont Allied agent, and it is not good. Wald has a large fleet of trucks. Mr. Olsen has one truck. I am going to create a spreadsheet and carefully analyze three of the estimates. I am not going to consider the Beaumont Allied bid.
 
My instincts are telling me to go with Wald. Way back in January before I really got too far into the process Wald was my choice. They have been operating in Houston since the 1920's. They moved me once before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.