My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Quiet Period

There is not a great deal I can do right now to prepare for the move. I have a car load of things packed to take to Frisco next week. I emailed my sales associate yesterday and asked her to take some interior photos of the house. I expect to get them today. Another lady that I have been exchanging emails with reported that brick is going on one of the houses in the cul-de-sac and that she could see the sheet rock was installed in my garage. A neighbor on the cul-de-sac said the tile was in her house and part of the kitchen granite counter top was installed. I expect many of those things will be complete when I see my house at the end of next week.
 
I went through my dresser drawers and picked out a few jewelry items that I do not want the movers to handle. I do not have very many items of significant value, but there are a few things of sentimental value that I want to carry myself such as my high school class ring and college sorority pin. I found my grandmother's engagement ring. I have had professional packers come in and pack my household belonging three times in the past. I have never lost a thing. The difference between the previous moves and now is in the past I was working and did not have the time on my hands to think and rethink everything.
 
I may go over to the bank this week and empty my safe deposit box.  I will drop by one of the banks in Frisco when I am there next week to see if they have a box available. After I talked to branch manager back in June, I know my chances are very slim of getting a box at that branch. I still think they should have a waiting list. It is just pure chance on who gets one. They are too lazy to maintain a waiting list. There is no such thing as customer service anymore with the large national banks.
 
I noticed a light bulb needs to be changed in a lamp in the living room. After I do that I will have only one new 3-way bulb on hand. Normally I would be adding the light bulbs to my shopping list, but I keep thinking I will put off purchases until I am in Frisco. Light bulbs could be broken during the move. It seems all of my actions are being adjusted to the upcoming move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.