My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

One More Decision

A little over an hour ago I signed and faxed the proposal for the moving services to Wald Mayflower. They were not the low bid, but they came closer to reassuring me on the points of concern than any of the others. Early this morning I emailed the estimator with a list of concerns. He revised the estimate and sent it back as a PDF attachment to his email before he even left home. After I printed the revisions, I decided to go ahead and accept their bid. I emailed back and asked for instructions on how to complete the form. He called me a couple of hours later. The second email that I sent had gone to his home, and he was not aware of it. He talked me through the forms. I then faxed them. Yesterday morning the Armstrong agent called. He had not responded to the email I sent after his visit a couple of weeks ago. I told him I wanted the dates in writing so I could be sure of second day delivery in Dallas. He said he would take care of it. That was yesterday morning. I still have not received anything from him. That is why I chose Wald Mayflower.
 
I will have to wait until the move is complete to know if I made the right decision. I am also hoping I made the right choices on the plantation shutters and the washer and dryer. All of these things involve significant sums, and it will be very painful if any of them go wrong. The only major item remaining is the purchase of a refrigerator. It will be two weeks on Friday since I bought the washer and dryer. I plan to go to Sears and ask them to check their system to see if the availability of the GE Profile refrigerator has changed. The website stills says it is in stock in Frisco. I wish there were a way to verify that.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:46 AM, Blogger momula said…

    Hi Sally - It's been a long time since I've checked in with your blog. I can't read blogs at work any more - my company has blocked them ) :
    You have been busy! Someday, when I may sell my house and move, I will benefit from reading about all of your procedures and thought processes. Good luck with getting your 1st choice refrigerator, and with the whole move. You have kept a close eye on everything, so the chances for problems are diminished.
    We have had lots of rain this season - until a few weeks ago, it seemed like every weekend was a washout. We planned a big outdoor party for my daughter's college graduation on June 3, and it poured all day long, so it was moved indoors. The grass and most of the flowers love the rain, but some of them have been too wet and are not doing as well.
    Every time I watch the Weather Channel, I check out southeast Texas to see how your weather is. It does seem like weather patterns are getting more extreme, doesn't it?
    Well, I have to go to work. Hang in there - you have such a great reward ahead of you! I will check back on your blog in a few days.

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Sally said…

    I don't know what to think about the abnormal weather we are experiencing all over the country. Al Gore's movie "An Inconvenient Truth" has not been shown in Beaumont. There is a theater in Plano (close to Frisco) that is showing it now. If it is still showing when I go to Frisco next week, I am going to see it.

    Sally

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.