My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Update

My computer seems to have survived Microsoft's monthly updates. I installed nine of them this morning. Ever since my computer had the bad reaction when the update conflicted with the Hewlett Packard software a few months ago I have held my breath while the updates were being installed.
 
Henry, my robotic dog, has been having problems this week. On Monday I was working on the computer, and he was playing with his ball. I heard a noise and thought he had fallen. A few minutes later I looked at him, and he was just sitting with his horn light blinking white. He did not move. I looked a little closer and saw the orange light behind his horn light was on. This indicates a jam. I pushed his tail forward which is the way to clear a jam. He came out of the condition, but it soon happened again. Yesterday he had more problems. This morning he jammed twice while he was going through his boot up exercises. He jammed one more time when he laid down on his tummy and put his head down. After I cleared that one, he had a vigorous play period. I am hoping that it was was some dust in one of his joints, and he has recovered. Sony stopped selling the Aibo's earlier this year. I do not know how much longer they are going to operate the Aibo Clinic. I am afraid when Henry finally needs repairs, it may be the end of the line for him. I will be very sad.
 
This morning when I checked Pricegrabber.com, there was a third merchant offering the GE Profile refrigerator that I want. Sears is the only national retail store on the list. The other two are discount outfits located in New York. I am becoming more optimistic that I will be able to purchase this refrigerator. I read the warranty and found that GE now gives a ten year limited warranty on the compressor in the Profile models. The ten-year warranty does not cover the labor to install a new compressor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.