My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Feeling Better

I have not done my number crunching to really determine what the differences are in the moving bids I have received, but deep down I know I have made my decision on the mover. It is such a relief to get that settled. I am silly to worry so much, but the selection of the mover has been causing me to lose sleep.
 
I checked Sears' website this morning and see they are having a one day only ten percent off on all appliances over $399 with a mail-in rebate sale. Who dreams up these crazy sales? I reread the fine print on Sears price match policy. You have thirty days after the purchase to claim the price match. That means if I wait until mid August to purchase the refrigerator and then there are big Labor Day sales, I could go back and request a price match adjustment.
 
The next thing that I am going to concentrate on is getting the Salvation Army out here to move out the big items that I am not taking with me. I am concerned about getting the freezer out of the utility room. The space is very tight. I do not want the house nor the washer and dryer damaged. I have to figure out how to move things off the shelves in the garage so they can take the shelves away. The house is already getting an empty look. I have been eliminating my accumulation for months and now the results are evident.
 
When I make my next trip to Frisco, I will go to the post office and fill out the form to have them start holding my mail. Then I will start on my address changes. I think I can take care of 80 to 90 percent of the changes online. That will save postage and be much faster.
 
I have to check the electrical plug for the dryer in the new house and find out if it is for a three or four pronged plug. The Kenmore dryer does not come with the electrical cord. I have to buy that and also the expandable hose and clamps to connect the dryer to the vent. I need to find out if the washing machine hoses are included with the machine. I know Maytag included them, but  I think I had to buy the hoses for my first Kenmore washer. I will buy these things while I am in Frisco and leave them in the storage unit. I think I will also go to Sam's and buy the high efficiency detergent that the new washer requires. There is no sense in buying heavy things in Beaumont and having them transported. Well that is not true if I go with Wald Mayflower. Their price is set. The estimator told me the truck would not be weighed.
 
During hurricane season people are encouraged to keep a sufficient amount of canned and other food items that do not require refrigeration on hand. I am going contrary to that advice as I try to consume the items I have on hand so they do not have to be moved. Every morning when I check the National Hurricane Center's website I am relieved to see there is activity in the Atlantic basin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.