My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Relief

I have been exchanging emails with a couple of ladies who will be my
new Frisco Lakes neighbors. Both of them are buying larger estate
series homes. My house is in the mid-range classic series. During my
last trip to Frisco Lakes I took my tape measure and measured many of
the rooms in the Walden model home. Del Webb/Pulte has a company
policy against giving out drawings with detailed dimensions of their
homes to the buyers. This is my fourth house that I have had built,
and in the past I was always given a set of drawings. Lack of the
dimensions has made planning the placement of my furniture much more
difficult.

Both of the ladies who have been emailing me have commented on the
refrigerators for their new homes. One is getting a big Sub Zero
model. The other said that the model home had a GE Monarch series
refrigerator that cost approximately $7,000. She said the space for
the refrigerator was so large that a standard size refrigerator will
leave large unfilled gaps on either side. I began to worry because I
did not measure the refrigerator space in the Walden. The refrigerator
looked like a standard sized refrigerator. I did write down the model
number of the GE refrigerator in the Walden model. This morning I did
a search on this refrigerator and found its detailed dimensions. I
then found the dimensions on the refrigerator I have selected. It was
a great relief when I found the dimensions on my future refrigerator
are identical to the dimensions of the refrigerator in the Walden
model. I would really hate to have to sort through all the
refrigerator models again.

Now I am waiting for GE to answer my email to tell me when the model I
have selected will be available. Sears' computer showed August 18. I
hope that date is firm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.