My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Still Here

I managed to stay away from Sears yesterday. Actually it was very easy to avoid them. My current thinking is that I will go to the store in Frisco and buy the refrigerator on Saturday.
 
When I was in Frisco last month, I rented the storage unit. I filled out the form so my credit card could be charged automatically each month. It was supposed to be charged on the 15th which was Saturday. I noticed it was not. I called them up yesterday and apparently my information was not in their computer. I gave them my credit card information, and I can tell from my available credit the charge was submitted. I do not know what they do if you do not pay. I would hate to have anything happen to the things I have already put in the unit.
 
I am going through the house and polishing all of my wood furniture. I use a furniture polish that I bought at the Ethan Allen store many years ago. I use it very sparingly. I have never found anything else that does such a good job. After I get back from Frisco, I am going to work on getting the garage in order. I have to move everything off the shelves. I want the Salvation Army to remove my shelves. I hope I can find a carpenter to build storage cabinets in my new garage. I certainly wish Del Webb had offered the cabinets as an option. After the Salvation Army takes the remaining big items away, there will not be much to do except pack my final six boxes to take to Frisco when I go up for closing at the end of August. I am going to clean the house as best as I can, but I am going to have a woman that Coldwell Banker uses give the house a final cleaning after I move out.
 
I found that Mayflower has a podcast on their website that gives moving tips. I listened to it, and they said moving is the third most traumatic event behind death and divorce that most people experience. I guess that explains why I have been in such a hyper state for so long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.