My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Back in Beaumont

I got back to Beaumont before the rain arrived. We have had a thunderstorm this afternoon. The electricity went off for a short time. Right now the local TV station is saying there was street flooding in the West End of Beaumont this afternoon. I was lucky to get home when I did.I had to reset several clocks when I got home. There was water standing at the curbs so Beaumont must have had another storm while I was away. Frisco, on the other hand, had nary a drop of rain. I went to see Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth yesterday. He had an explanation based on the high concentration of greenhouse gases that explains why some areas are seeing extreme amounts of rain while places as little as 200 miles away are experiencing extreme drought. Beaumont and Frisco are 300 miles apart, but they seem to fit the pattern. I am not sure I accept all of Al Gore's explanations, but it was an extremely well done presentation.
 
I have plenty to report about my trip to Frisco, but I will save that until after I have had some rest.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Agus said…

    hi! i'm from uruguay, I get to your blog, clicking at the "next blog" button. Sorry for my english, i'm spanish speaker.
    Well, just say hello, bye!

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger Sally said…

    Thank you for you for your comment. You are the first person from outside the U.S. that has commented on my blog.

    Sally

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.