My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Too Much Worry

It is time for me to find something to distract my thoughts from the move. If everything stays on the schedule that I have created I still have 74 days before the packers arrive. Today I am going to make a couple of phone calls and pack the last box of my Waterford stemware. Then I will be starting on the bone china. I want to have six boxes packed to take to Frisco on July 20.

The estimator from Armstrong Relocation said he would email me the estimate yesterday afternoon. A painting contractor came to my house to give me an estimate on doing some minor repairs to my house to get it ready for sale over two weeks ago. He sat in my living room, did his calculations and gave me a ballpark figure, but he has not managed to write those numbers down on a piece of paper. I am getting very aggravated with people who say they will do something and then I never hear from them again. Life in Beaumont has been like that ever since the hurricane.

The realtor from Coldwell Banker called me yesterday. She recommended someone that her firm uses for such repair jobs when I first met her. I have a written bid from him. I only got it because the realtor put some pressure on him. I have decided to let him have the job. My realtor has a little hold on him. I hope I am a good judge of character. I met with several realtors before I made my final decision. The one I have chosen is probably in her mid-thirties. She has ten years of experience. She is not pushy but strikes me as a person who knows her business.

I am going to wait a few more days before I authorize the plantation shutters. A second lady from the Frisco-Online forum gave me her phone number so I could call and ask questions about the shutters. This lady said her grandmother and aunt had recently moved to Frisco from Beaumont. The first lady that I talked to said she had family in Port Arthur. The landscape architect's parents come from Southeast Texas. I might run into some people I know in Frisco. One of the local TV stations said Beaumont is on the list of cities with the fastest declining populations. It is sad, but it is certainly understandable. Every morning I am checking the National Hurricane Center's website to see if there is any activity. I looked at the timeline for the 2005 named storms. There was just one in June but in July the endless parade started. Surely the pattern won't repeat, but in June last year the first storm was Arlene. This year we have had Alberto in June.

I have noticed that the condominium/townhome category of houses here in Beaumont are really selling well. Every morning. I check the websites of a couple of realtors and have found a Frisco realtor who gives access to the MLS listings. I was able to change the city to Beaumont so I see all the MLS listings for Beaumont. When I came back from Frisco on Sunday, I saw one townhouse that had no for sale sign when I left on Thursday. On Sunday there was a for sale sign with the sold attachment already on it.

What I have written this morning is not very well organized, but this is the way my brain is behaving. It is jumping from one subject to the next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.