My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Update

I stumbled onto something that may be a very good deal for me. American Airlines AAdvantage frequent flyer program is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. To celebrate they have a number of promotions that are offering additional miles. I received a booklet in the mail. It described their "Miles From Home" program. They offer miles for buying or selling a home and using van line services. The program is administered by Cendant Mobility. I called to get more information. They say they have pre-screened realtors with firms such as Coldwell Banker, ERA, etc. They use Coldwell Banker in Beaumont. They had a realtor call me the next day. I also called their "Home Express" van line service. They, too, have pre-screened van line companies. I was impressed with the way the representative handled my call. It is too early to make moving arrangements, but she took my information and will call back when it is closer to moving time.
 
Cendant Mobility has an impressive website that allowed me to get demographic information on Frisco and make a comparison to my zip code area of Beaumont. I was able to get a listing of recent home sales close to my home in Beaumont. I got some information on a house on my street that was sold by the owner. None of the realtors I have talked to had been able to find anything on this house.
 
My previous moves had been handled (and paid for) by corporate HR departments. I have felt like they had more clout with the moving companies than I do as an individual. Cendant Mobility assigned a case number and a counselor to me. He is located in Irving, Texas, in the Dallas area and was very familiar with Frisco. I hope Cendant Mobility may be able to provide the type of support I need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.