My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Still Quiet

I am making a little progress on reading all of the novels written by Robert Ludlum. The last time I mentioned them in the blog I was reading The Cry of the Halidon and said that it would not make my favorites list. It got worse as I read more. I think it belongs on my least favorites list. Over the weekened I finished reading The Rhinemann Exchange. It was a much better book. Now I have started The Gemini Contenders. I have read only fifty pages, but it seems like it is going to be fairly good. I noticed with several other authors that their earliest books did not equal their later efforts. I think Ludlum's books are going to follow that pattern.
 
I had two more neighbors call with friends who would like to see my house. I am getting the idea that they are more concerned with who is going to be their new neighbor rather than any real desire to help me sell the house. I had decided that I was not going to list the house until I actually move out. I am going to try and convey the message to the neighbors that their friends can view my house after it is listed. Let the realtor earn her commission.
 
It has been some time since I mentioned the Sudoku puzzles. I am still working on them. The Daily Sudoku which has a link at the bottom of this page is still my favorite. My next favorite is one that is available to Time Warner's  RoadRunner cable internet service subscribers. When I move to Frisco, my cable provider will be Comcast so I doubt if I will be able to access the RoadRunner Sudoku puzzle since they require you to log into their site. My third choice is the one that CBS News links to. It it the easiest of the three.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger momula said…

    Hi Sally,

    Last fall, when I started reading your blog, I was intrigued by your mention of Sudoku puzzles - I had never heard of them before. I started working on them when I found them online, and shortly after that, our Sunday newspaper started carrying one. Thanks to you, I now have a Sudoku paperback book in my car for when I have to wait for my daughter. (Someone put 5 of them in my stocking at Christmas time.)
    How nice that you can avoid having multiple strangers traipsing through your home! Waiting till you are out of there sounds like a great idea.
    Take care,
    momula

     
  • At 6:19 AM, Blogger Sally said…

    The housing market in Beaumont since the hurricane has been very good because many people have houses that were destroyed. I am concerned that if I delay listing the house the market may not be as favorable. This will be the third time I have sold a house. The other two times I moved out before listing the house for sale. I definitely know what you mean about avoiding the annoyance of having strangers traipse through your house.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.