My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Technology Frustrations

I love all the new new technology gadgets that make me say gee, golly wow. That is I love them when they work the way they are supposed to, but it sees like over the past couple of weeks I have had more than my share of frustrations.
 
First there was the faulty Windows update that Microsoft released on April 11. I read in the CNET News that Microsoft is going to release a revised update today that will correct the chaos of the original patch. I also read they are going to be sending out a program that will detect pirated versions of their software which will have messages that you have to clear when your computer boots and while you are using it if you have an illegal copy of their software. My software is all legal. I play by the rules, but I am still concerned. What if their new program has a bug and mistakes legitimate software for a pirated version? I shudder to think of the results.
 
Back before Christmas I switched my cell phone service to T-Mobile from Sprint and bought one of the cool Motorola Razr V3 phones. I did not have text messaging with Sprint and do have the feature with T-Mobile. I signed up for free breaking news alerts from Yahoo and email alerts. I have received the alerts since last December without problem. They stopped on Sunday. They have partially resumed today but are not coming as frequently as they were.
 
I also signed up for account alerts from two credit card companies and my bank. The bank and one of the credit card companies had been sending their alerts on a daily basis. I have never received an alert from one of the credit cards. I have called their customer service center which I think is located in India several times. The representatives always say "I apologize for that" to everything I say. I got so sick of hearing the word apologize I was ready to scream. It made me feel like I was trying to carry on a conversation with a parrot. They tell me that they can see the text messages are being rejected but do not have a clue as how to fix the problem.
 
Yesterday I did not receive text messages from my bank and the credit card company that has been working. I called T-Mobile's customer service. Their menu system and the waits are torturous. The call accomplished nothing. Now I have emailed T-Mobile. I promptly got a reply from a representative that said my problem was beyond her scope and was escalating my problem. All I can do is hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.