My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Technology Improvements?

I did not visit the Microsoft Updates yesterday to get the revised update, but they delivered and installed it this morning through their automatic service. My computer has just restarted, and it is too soon to tell if I am going to have additional problems. I received a Microsoft survey telephone call requesting information about my experience with their technical support. The survey had questions that were extremely irritating, and the person conducting the survey did not seem to understand my answers. I quit half way through the survey. I told her I could stay on the phone no longer. Microsoft is also filling my email inbox with inquiries about how they did. From now on I am going to dread the second Tuesday of the month when they deliver their updates.
 
I really got a worthless answer from T-Mobile regarding their text messaging. I wrote back and told them so. I got a reply that told me to call customer support. That is where I started yesterday. The Yahoo alerts and breaking news seem to have returned to normal. Perhaps Yahoo was having problems or updating their system. I received alerts yesterday from the one credit card company that has consistently been working. It may have been weekend maintenance that stopped their alerts for a couple of days. I received no alerts from the bank yesterday. I am giving them one more day before I call them.
 
The other credit card company is a different story. I had been calling the internet support telephone number that is listed on the website. That number connects with the call center in India. Yesterday I decided to go through the regular credit card assistance number that is listed on the back of my card. I explained how I have been trying for several months to get their alerts delivered to my phone. She put me on hold and made a phone call. She came back and told me they do not offer text messaging. I asked why their signup page on the web pictures cell phones and tells you how to enter your address for Verizon, Cingular, Sprint and T-Mobile. She said she understood. Then she came back and gave me a phone number for text messaging support that has a 954 area code. I asked her if now she was giving me a toll number to India. She finally offered to transfer me to the number. Later I found out 954 is in Florida.
 
I was connected to a man who was able to look at all the failed text messages that they have been sending out for three or four months. He said even if they got through there was nothing in them. He forwarded a message to a higher level. I still have not received a message from them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.