My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Update

It has been another quiet week. I still have a little more sorting and eliminating to do in the garage, but I have been dragging my feet. Everything else seems to be caught up. Beaumont is under a tornado watch until 1 PM. My NOAA weather radio alarmed a little while a go. I have found a website called Frisco-Online. I am reading posts to their forum and learning about Frisco. They had a weather scare last night but apparently they escaped unscathed. I must make sure I have the manual for my NOAA weather radio so I can reprogram it for Frisco after I move. I really hate to hear its alarm.  I am always relieved to see the amber light which means a watch instead of a warning. The red warning light scares me.
 
The new outfits I ordered from L.L. Bean have all arrived. The problem with buying clothes through mail order is that they must be pressed to remove the wrinkles before they can be worn. I waited until everything arrived so I could do all the ironing at one time. I had almost forgotten how to set up my ironing board. I avoid ironing as much as possible.
 
The Beaumont/Port Arthur area got some potentially good news this week. Shell which is part owner of the Motiva refinery in Port Arthur made an announcement that they may increase the capacity of the refinery to 600 thousand barrels a day which would make the refinery the largest in the U.S. It has been a long time since this area saw a major expansion or new construction. The expansion would help the area's employment situation considerably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.