My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Nothing

No news, no pictures. Every morning I check the weather reports for both Beaumont and Frisco. There has been quite a bit of rain this week in both places. My new house must be close to having the slab poured. They need nice weather for that. I am sure the weather is holding them up. House construction seems to drag until the roof is in place and the outer walls are enclosed. Once they have a dry place to work the pace will quicken.
 
Microsoft continues to torment me. This morning a message popped up that said a new version of Windows Defender was ready to be installed. Defender is the new name for their anti-spyware program which is still in beta. After the program installed there was a message that said the definitions failed to update. I read the messages. While I was doing that the program proceeded to do a quick scan. I checked the date of the definitions after the scan was completed, and it said it was using definitions that were released on May 1. I decided that was fairly current. Then I checked the scheduling options. This program cannot be set for the half hour. I had to choose 6 AM. I had been using 5:30 AM for the scan. I chose the option for a complete scan even though it was defaulting to a quick scan. At 6 AM the scan started. It went on for an hour and a half. When it finished, I changed the settings back to quick scan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.