My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Random Thoughts

This has been a rather quiet week. I started packing my figurines and
crystal. I am going to try and pack one box a day. Now that the moving
date has been pushed back into August or September it seems rather
foolish to start packing, but it will take the pressure off of me. The
house already looks rather bare with empty shelves in the entry where
my Royal Doulton lady figurines were sitting. The boxes I bought at
Sam's are not as sturdy as the boxes the moving companies use for
dishes. I am wrapping everything in multiple layers of bubble wrap.
Since I will be moving the boxes myself in the car they should be all
right.

The high price of gasoline is not hurting me very much since I am
retired and my driving is quite limited. I looked at the news from
KBTV and read this story: Gas Prices Pushing Southeast Texas To New Extremes. It is really disturbing to think about Southeast Texans pawning their belongings to buy gasoline.

Yesterday I went to Discount Tire and asked them to check my tires'
air pressure. No air needed to be added. Everything in my neighborhood
seems to be normal now. I said something to the man who checked my
tires about their business returning to normal since nails on the
streets were no longer a major problem. He said that was not true. He
said there was still plenty of roofing going on in Beaumont. He said a
roofer told him that it would be another six months to a year before
they caught up with the demand for roofs in Beaumont. So the guys at
Discount Tire will have plenty of flat tires to fix.

I got another new outfit from L.L. Bean this week. I received a new
catalog from them yesterday and saw a pair of shorts and a shirt I
would like to have. Having their credit card that gives free shipping
makes it very tempting to place frequent orders from them.

According to CNN Houston is going to get some very bad weather
shortly. I hope it moves more north as it travels to the east and
spares Beaumont. We do not want 60-70 mph winds and large hail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.