My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Tornado Scare

This morning when I turned my cell phone on, five text messages that had accumulated overnight were delivered. The first one that I read said a tornado had struck in Collin County Texas. Frisco is mostly in Collin County. My new house is in Denton County on the west side of Frisco. As soon as my computer booted, I checked several Dallas and Frisco news sites. The tornado hit north of Frisco near the towns of Anna and Westminster. Three people were killed and at least six injured. The destruction from tornadoes is worse than damage caused by hurricane winds, but tornadoes cover a much smaller area. I still think I will be much safer in North Texas than I am in Southeast Texas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.