My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Update on My Move to Frisco

Yesterday I had the preconstruction meeting with the construction
superintendent on my new house via telephone. Meeting does not seem
like the appropriate word to describe the call. Actually it was a very
brief call. Tanner introduced himself. We exchanged email addresses
and telephone numbers. He provided two pieces of new information. For
the first time I learned the street address of my new house. All I had
before was a lot number. He also said the information he had showed my
house is due for completion the last week of August. I thought the
target date was July 15. He said the forms would be set and some of
the plumbing put in place by the end of the week.

I was somewhat disappointed to learn the completion will be later than
I had thought. The downside is that I will have to remain in Beaumont
for more of the hurricane season. The upside is the move will probably
take place in September. I have been reading horror stories about
moving during the summer months when the moving companies are in their
busiest season. Everybody wants to move before school starts. I hope
the frantic period will be over in September.

As a side note, my new hometown, Frisco, Texas, was mentioned on the
CBS Evening News the night before last. It showed a family in Frisco
that was hosting boys from the Iraqi national youth soccer team It
looked liked the kids were having a good time in Texas.
Iraqi Soccer Kids Win U.S. Hearts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.