My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Rain and More Rain

Unbelievable! 9.5 inches since 1 AM. KFDM-TV just reported that is the amount that fell at their studio. The rain is continuing. My NOAA weather radio alarmed at 3:30 AM with a flash flood warning. The rain is supposed to continue through Wednesday. This is going to ruin the Memorial Day holiday. One good thing is most people do not have to drive to work this morning.
 
Meanwhile I looked at the radar for Frisco. No rain. They do have a 20 to 30 percent chance for the next few days. I have been reading about the lawn watering restrictions that are starting on June 1. People can only use their lawn sprinklers once a week. I hope by the time the landscaping of my new yard is completed I will be able to give it the necessary water and get it off to a good start. My opinion is that drought is bad, but flooding is worse.
 
Now there is a story on the TV showing the special section of hurricane supplies that Home Depot has set up. I am living for the day I leave Beaumont.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.