My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Update

I have heard no more from any of the moving companies. They must really be busy and see no need to return phone calls. I am glad I got through to the Mayflower estimator yesterday.
 
There is an article in the Beaumont Enterprise this morning: New mortgage program offers low-rate loans, help with down payments. I hope this program will help the real estate market in Beaumont. I have been watching real estate websites for listings very closely. A couple of months ago homes were selling very quickly, but it appears things have slowed down a bit. As summer approaches, more homes are being listed. I hope the new mortgage program with boost the market.
 
I got the estimate for my homeowners policy on the new house. The new house is 50 to 75 percent more expensive than the one I live in now, but my insurance costs are going to be about one-third of what I am paying. Of course, the new policy will have a much higher deductible than my current one. They are no longer writing the low deductible policies. The biggest saving comes from not having to go to the high-risk state pool for wind storm coverage. The Texas Windstorm policies for the fourteen coastal counties are going to go up 20 percent next year. I am praying that my house sells before I must renew the insurance.
 
The new house will be prewired for a burglar alarm system with one keypad installed. I can save $100 per year on my insurance if I get a monitored system. My insurance company offers a discount on ADT alarm systems. They quoted me $23.95 per month. I do not remember what Del Webb said the charge would be from the company that is installing the systems for them.
 
Since the dot com boom times I have been ordering books from a company called Alldirect.com. They discounted books 38 percent. and offered free shipping on orders over $100. For the past week I have been trying to access their website. I kept getting a message that said the website was undergoing maintenance. I sent an email to their customer service. In a very short time I got a reply back saying they were closing and thanking me for my past business. They really were a good source for travel books. I am going to miss them.
 
I packed one more box of crystal and figurines. I am almost finished packing my figurines and crystal objects that sit on display. As I look around, things look rather bare. I am looking forward to the day when I unpack the boxes and place my treasures in their new resting spots.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.