My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, May 19, 2006

I Am A Genius & Also Part Bulldog

When I encounter a computer problem, it really upsets me. Earlier today I wrote about the problem I was having with my Epson PictureMate photo printer. I had performed every reasonable trouble shooting procedure that I could think of. I had reached the point of exhaustion. While I was fixing my lunch I kept thinking about the problem. I decided it was Monday of this week when I had last successfully printed a photo. Yesterday, Thursday, I installed the BounceBack backup software that came with the Seagate external disk drive. That was the only change to my computer that I could think of since Monday.
 
I loaded the Windows Defender anti-spyware program and checked the history. There were two entries in the log which both had been created yesterday when I installed the BounceBack software. Windows Defender said the two programs were not certified (by Microsoft?). There is now a program called BounchBack Launcher running at all times on my computer that is designed to detect the pushbutton feature of the Seagate drive which in turn launches BounceBack and does an automatic backup.
 
The BounceBack Launcher has an icon in the system tray. I clicked on it. A menu with several options popped up. I chose close BounceBack Launcher. I then connected my Epson PictureMate and loaded Film Factory. I held my breath while the photo printed. I expected it to stop printing and eject the paper, but it did not happen until the photo was complete.
 
Every time I print a photo I will have to remember to close the BounceBack Launcher. After what I went through this morning, I don't think I will have any trouble remembering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.