My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

No Rain But...

KFDM reported over 15 inches of rain by noon yesterday. I do not think that much fell at my house. The rain stopped yesterday afternoon. The flood warning was finally changed to a watch. The watch is in effect until this evening. Now that the ground is saturated the flooding could happen again with just a little more rain. There is a 60 percent chance for more rain today.
 
The heavy rains and flooding are just part of life here in Southeast Texas, but I have never got used to it. Since I have retired I have managed to stay home all but one time when the flooding occurred. I had a very frightening time back in October, 2003. I was in a shopping center and when I came out, water was over the bumpers of the cars in the street. The shopping center parking lot was elevated so my car was safe, but I was trapped for several hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.