My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Progress

On Tuesday I received a phone call from my sales representative at Frisco Lakes to schedule my one-on-one appointment. I chose March 6. They are going to be conducting the one-on-ones until March 13. The date of the appointment in no way changes the chances of getting the lot you want. I decided to wait until March so that more work would be done on the model homes and there would be more to see. I am going to drive to Dallas. I have the option to change the interview to a telephone call if the weather is bad. I was wondering when I would be contacted so I am relieved to have the appointment scheduled. This is one more step on the road to my new home.
 
I have continued to work on cleaning the master bedroom closet. I took a trunk load of clothes to Goodwill on Tuesday. The trunk of my car is filled again and will visit the Goodwill donation station again this morning. Tuesday is the normal trash pickup day in my neighborhood. There is a limit to how much trash you can put out each week. I was afraid I had exceeded the limit this week. For some reason the trash was not picked up on Tuesday. I was very relieved yesterday morning when I looked out the window and saw that all of the bags I had put out were gone.
 
I find the sorting of my belongings is very depressing. I feel like I am discarding a large portion of my life. I just keep telling myself that I am going to be very happy that I have this all done when I unpack the boxes in my new home.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Barbara In Caneyhead said…

    OH, bless you. I know I always get in a muddle when I try to sort through stuff. What will I want again? What is sentimental? Where will I put it if I do keep it? What will I do with it if I don't? Maybe that's one reason my home is full of so much clutter.
    :o(

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger Sally said…

    Barbara,
    Please take my advice and get busy and get rid of the stuff before you find yourself in my situation. I had every check I had ever written and the stub from all of my paychecks and retirement checks. My little paper shredder overheated today. I finished the master beroom closet and am now working my way through all the drawers in the bedroom furniture. I am making progress, but it is going to take 2 or 3 more months to finish the job.
    Sally

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.