My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Frisco Lakes

On Saturday I attended the seminar in Dallas on the Frisco Lakes retirement community. Preliminary floor plans of the homes were presented. The houses are going have a 100 percent brick exteriors and sidewalks in front of them. The streets are going to be wide with parkways down the middle. Trees will be planted every 35 feet in the parkways. The houses are going to be more expensive than equivalent models in the Sun City Texas community at Georgetown. I was somewhat upset over the pricing but have managed to reconcile myself to the price difference. Frisco definitely justifies a premium over Georgetown. All the necessary shopping and services are a very short distance from the Frisco Lakes community.
 
The plan is to have 270 homes ready for occupancy in the July/August time frame. Del Webb has concocted a scheme to allocate these first homes which is something like an Internet lottery. Attendance at the seminars this past week was the entry step into the process. If you want to go forward with the process, you must give them a fully refundable $1,000 check for a one-on-one interview. At that time you will make either five or ten (I heard both numbers) lot selections and choose brick colors. At a date late in February, yet to be determined, there will be an email with a password and and ID mailed out. There will be a link to a Frisco Lakes website. You will log in, fill out a form and pay $5,000 earnest money via credit card. The lots will be assigned based on the order the earnest money is received. They assured me their computer staff says they have sufficient bandwidth to handle the process.
 
I am going to go forward with the process. If I do not get one of the first 270 homes, there will be more sections completed later in the year. They said they are going to raise the prices. I do not know if you put down the $5,000 in late February and do not get a lot in the first group if the price is locked in. Also I do not know if the initial $1,000 is applied as part of the earnest money. At this point all I know is that I want to move there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.