My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

I am still here

For some reason I felt like adding an article to the blog even though I do not have much to say. I am still working on the garage. I have been taking lots of things to the Goodwill donation station and putting all that I think I can get away with out for the trash pickup each week.
 
I moved my patio furniture out of the garage and put it on the patio. When I finish with the garage cleaning project, I want to paint my patio furniture. It is cast aluminum and looks like the heavier cast iron furniture in the grape and ivy pattern. I have an umbrella table with four chairs, a coffee table and two chairs, a settee and four planters. With a decent coat of paint it will be quite attractive again. I have a Wagner spray painter that I bought twenty years ago and never used. I hope it is operable after all these years. It is brand new and in its original box. I painted the furniture one time with Rust Oleum paint in the spray cans. I had carpal tunnel syndrome after I finished shaking all the cans while I painted. I gave the patio table umbrella to Goodwill. I guess next year I will be shopping for a new umbrella.
 
I hope I can finished the garage cleaning and patio furniture painting by the end of March. After that, it is going to be too hot to work outside. After thirty plus years down here, I still have not developed a tolerance for the heat and the humidity. When the hot weather arrives, I will start cleaning out the closets and cabinets in the house.
 
Next weekend I will be in Frisco, Texas, for the Del Webb seminar on their Frisco Lakes retirement community. I got an email from them this week that said the floor plans and pricing would be available. I am hoping they will have a floor plan that is similar to the Lexington model that they have at Sun City Texas. I have mentally arranged all of my furniture in that house.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Lumoto said…

    Welcome back to blogosphere! See, all these projects that you do are an inspiration to those of us who need to do likewise! Where you have the patio furniture to tackle, I should be doing some restoring of the finish on my bedroom suite and cleaning out two sheds! Good luck to us both.
    Hope the trip will be extremely productive and enjoyable for you.
    Sherry

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger momula said…

    Hi Sally,
    I agree with Sherry. When you talk about starting projects, I start thinking about things I should be doing. I also went and bought a vacuum cleaner at Target last week, after you started talking about yours. I had two; the one with the attachments broke, so I figured I should 'treat myself'! Oy, a vacuum cleaner a treat! By the way, it's a Dirt Devil, and it seems to do a very good job, but it also seems to have some wind currents coming out of it that blow the dust bunnies around before I can get to them. I kind of have to sneak up on them. I suspect my husband put the thing together "quickly" and didn't tighten something or other. *sigh* I'll have to take a look at it myself.
    No, these are not earth-shaking topics, but they are certainly the minute threads that make up the fabric of our lives.
    Too bad I can't find any poetic thoughts about the snow & slush that are falling from the sky today. Humidity is a terrible thing, but at least you can drive in it.
    Take care,
    Momula

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Sally said…

    Well now I am convinced that my blog is not so dumb. I have made at least two new friends--Sherry and Momula. Also, the blog is a way of shaming me into action. When I write that I am going to do something; and if I didn't do it, it would be embarrassing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.