My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

More Progress

I have turned into a steamroller. I am moving right through the house. The linen closet, the cabinets in the master bathroom, the master bedroom closet and the master bedroom furniture have all been cleaned. I actually have empty drawers in my dresser and areas of bare shelf in the closet. After I finish one task I set the goal for the next day.
 
My worst problem is getting rid of old paper. I saved the stubs from all my paychecks. Just tossing them is out of the question because they contain such things as my social security number. My paper shredder is not designed for heavy duty use. I learned this week when it gets too hot it just quits. Fortunately it started working again when it cooled down. Now every time I walk through the bedroom I feed a couple of sheets of paper into the shredder.
 
There are six more boxes to go through in the garage, and there is a closet in the garage that I have not touched. If I can keep going as I have the past two weeks I will get the job done before the time to move arrives.
 
I talked to my sales rep at Frisco Lakes yesterday. She inadvertently gave me a few clues on how many one-on-one interviews they are going to conduct. After I hung up, I was more optimistic about my chances of getting one of the first lots. I am aware there may be a down side to getting one of the first homes, but I am sooo ready to leave Beaumont.
 
Eleven days before Hurricane Rita hit I got my eyes examined by an optometrist at a local optical shop. I remembered seeing a Lions Club International  donation box for old eyeglasses in the shop. I have a sack full of old eyeglasses that I cleaned out this week. I decided to donate them. I went to the optical shop and saw a sign on the door that said they were closed for ???? due to Hurricane Rita. It is five months since the hurricane arrived. I found it hard to believe that my eye doctor has been shut down this long. He is originally from Gulfport, MIssissippi. When I saw him in September, he told me he had just returned from Mississippi. His father and brother went through Katrina. We discussed what would happen if Beaumont was ever hit by a hurricane. Little did we know that we were only eleven days away from the event. While I was standing in front of the shop the door opened and a workman came out and asked if he could help me. It turned out to be the young man who my neighbor recommended to do my sheets rock repairs. I did not recognize him, but he remembered me. Small world!
 
I have made so many trips to the Goodwill donation station. They have a metal building on the premises and four or more cats live under the building. Those cats have got to the point they recognize me and come out and rub up against my legs. I really do not like this.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.