My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

More Update!


The fence installation on the east side of my yard was completed in the rain. It is nice to have new fence all around the yard. The east side really looked bad in comparison to the rest of the new fence. Now it all matches.

The mailman came fairly early yesterday and delivered my iPod. I ordered it on the 17th from Amazon.com and received it on the 20th. I think that is excellent service considering that I chose the free-shipping option. I was like a kid with a new toy. I could hardly wait for the battery to charge. I read the instruction booklet. Two things began to worry me. I had downloaded iTunes and installed it on my pc before I even decided to buy an iPod. I was afraid it might cause problems when I installed the iPod software. The other thing that worried me was the hardware requirements said the pc had to have USB 2.0 ports. My pc has the slower 1.1 USB ports. I know the 2.0 spec. is supposed to be backwardly compatible, but I still worried. I installed the iPod software. It must have detected the new version of iTunes and did nothing to mess it up. Then I connected and registered the iPod. My Podcasts transferred automatically to the iPod. I had also downloaded the first chapter of Michael Crichton’s new book from the iTunes store. It was free of charge. It transferred to the iPod.

I inserted the ear buds and started listening. I did not know how to use the click wheel to step through the menus and adjust the volume. I went to the iPod support site and watched some QuickTime tutorial movies, and now think I know how to navigate the menus. The iPod is designed to be simple. That is why they are so popular, but I am used to tackling technically complex systems and mastering them. I think that is why I am rather confused by the iPod.

I also received the iPod camera connector. I have not opened the package yet. I need to master transferring and listening to sound files before I move on to photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.