My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Podcasts


I have been downloading and listening to Podcasts from mainstream sources such as CNN, ABC, CBS and BBC. Ted Koppel’s Nightline and Face the Nation are programs that I do not usually watch because they come on late at night. KFDM the local CBS affiliate really irritates me because they delay Face the Nation until 12:30 AM on Monday morning’s. Now the Podcast is giving me a way to listen these programs while I am awake. Air America is not carried in the local market. I have listened to it on the internet, but find it very irritating because it is loaded with commercials. Now I have found Air America Place that maintains an MP3 archive of the programs. The programs are updated shortly after they air, and the best part is they are stripped of the annoying commercials.


So far I have subscribed to only two Podcasts from independent sources. One is Digital Photography Tips From The Top Floor which is produced in Germany. The show discusses topics of interest to digital photographers. I have listened to two episodes. One explained histograms and the other told how to resize photos for the internet. Another independent that I subscribed to is PirateWeather.com. This one allows you enter your zip code, and then you get a computer generated voice with your local weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.