My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

RSS


Two days ago I only had a vague idea of what RSS was. Now I am going wild with it. RSS allows you to add live feeds from various websites and news sources into a newsreader. There are a number of free newsreaders. Since I loath installing additional software on my computer I went a different route. My Yahoo also supports RSS. I have added newspapers and new sites to My Yahoo pages. I have changed my Internet Explorer browser homepage to My Yahoo. Now as soon as I load the browser I have instant access to the latest news from all of my preferred news sources that support RSS. My photo hosting service, Smugmug, supports RSS. If I find a photographer that I really like I can add their RSS feed and when they add new photos I will have immediate access. I just checked blogger.com for RSS. They only offer it on their premium blogger service. Since I am using the free version my blog cannot be added via RSS.

Watch for the little . This means that the site offers an RSS feed, and you can add it to your preferred newsreader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.