My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Birthday, USA

I have no special Fourth of July plans. Frisco has a fireworks display. I would love to try and photograph it, but I have heard the traffic on 423 will be a nightmare. I am going to be content to stay home and watch the celebrations on TV. The Capitol Fourth is on PBS. I looked at the TV listings but did not see the Boston Pops listed. That is one I always watch.
 
Yesterday we had the Red Hat luncheon at Bonnie Ruth's. Fifteen ladies, all decked out in red hats and purple outfits, were there. I was one of the last to arrive. I didn't say one word when I walked in. The host looked at me and said, "Your friends are over there." I did take my camera with me. I uploaded the pictures to Smugmug as soon as I got home. I had a wonderful piece of carrot cake with cream cheese icing. The slice was so big I could not finish it. I had already requested a doggie bag for the half of the sandwich that I did not eat. I slipped the remainder of my cake in the box and had the sandwich and cake for dinner.
 
The village center does not open until ten this morning. I absolutely have to go down there for a walk. The carrot cake has made me feel guilty.
 
More rain is predicted for today. On Monday when I took my round about route to avoid the left turn onto 423 I saw a blockaded road just north of Frisco Lakes that is under water. I heard on the news this morning that Houston and Beaumont are getting lots of rain today. It is time for the rain to move into parts of the country that need it. I also heard on news last night that the North Texas water restrictions have been removed. The lakes are full.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.