My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Update

At last we got some dry weather on Friday, but the rain returned during the night. The only creatures enjoying the rain are the mosquitoes. Down in Southeast Texas Jefferson County has the Mosquito Control District. It is a year round battle to control mosquitoes down here. I checked the Denton County web site to see if they mentioned mosquito control. I did not find one word. I don't think anything is being done to control the mosquitoes around here. The rain is causing problems with the man-made lake we in our subdivision. Last year it was so dry I didn't think I would ever see much water in the lake. I would like to find the government agency who should be doing something about the mosquitoes.
 
On Thursday I did manage to go to Sam's Club and get resupplied. I did not have to go without my breakfast orange juice. Thursday afternoon I went to the quarterly board meeting of the Frisco Lakes directors. Not much happened. I did get to hear the new board president. I did not go to the meeting that was held Tuesday night to introduce him because of the rain. He is new on the job and has a lot to learn.
 
Thursday evening I went to the camera club meeting. There was a fairly large turnout. I think in time the camera club will be an interesting group. Our chairman was not able to make his planned presentation because there was no Internet connection in the room where the computer projector was set up. Three of us who went on the trip to the Fort Worth Zoo showed our pictures.
 
I am continuing to read a chapter a day of the Bridge for Dummies book. I am going very slowly and making sure I understand what I am reading. I do think it is helping my play. I hope my fellow bridge players agree. I think after I finish the book I will read it a second time.
 
I am continuing to walk on the indoor track. I increased the number of laps I walked yesterday. My knee is not bothering me. If the knee starts to hurt, I am not going to keep walking. I learned my lesson on that matter.
 
I bought a spindle of DVD's at Sam's on Thursday. I did a complete image backup of the computer. I want to back up my personal files to DVD's before I format the external drive to NTFS. The Windows Vista backup program requires that the drive have the NTFS format. Then I will do both the file backup and image backup to the external drive. When I accomplish that, I will feel safe in installing iTunes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.