My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Too Bad

My computer went for ten days with no snafus. Yesterday my hopes that its problems had been cured ended. IE 7 hung, Windows Media Player would not load and the computer hung when I tried to put it in the sleep mode. I cannot figure out what triggered the problems. After the troubles, I rebooted. and the computer is fine. It is a puzzle. The computer was better after the May update Tuesday, but these problems started after Microsoft unleashed an unscheduled batch of security updates for Office 2007 on Thursday.
 
I finished decorating my red hat. It now has a band of purple sequins and a big purple flower attached. I am rather proud of my efforts.
 
Yesterday afternoon I went to the beginners' bridge group. They have stopped calling themselves beginners. They are now the singles group. Yesterday I was reading a little about bridge in a book that I have had for years on card games. It said the best way to learn bridge is just keep playing.
 
Most of my packages from my Internet shopping binge have arrived. I finally got the sandals that were back ordered. I was relieved to find they fit. I ordered a book on Photoshop Elements 5. This morning I received an email from Amazon that said they have shipped the book. The Sandisk flash drive still has not been released. I will be glad when it gets here so I can test the scanning function of the new printer.
 
Today there is an antique car show here in Frisco Lakes. I am going to take my camera and see if I can get some good pictures. It rained early this morning, but the rest of the day is supposed to be partly cloudy. It is rather cool. I think the nice cool spring has retarded my caladiums. When I went out this morning, I noticed 3 or 4 more have sprouted, but they are producing very small leaves. They look stunted.
 
On Thursday I am going to Granbury. There is going to be a luncheon-cruise on a riverboat. Granbury has an old opera house, and we are going to see a musical. Granbury is supposed to be rather picturesque. I will be toting my camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.