My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Ready for New Week

The rain appears to be decreasing and the temperature is warming. I found one more caladium that has sprouted this morning. The count is now 14. The first plants to sprout now have several leaves. They are very colorful. I just wish more had sprouted because there are large gaps in the flower bed. I am hesitant to buy any more plants right now because a few more of the caldaiums might appear.
 
In spite of what I said I decided to give Lowes online ordering one more chance. Every time I tried to place my order to be picked up at the Little Elm store, which is the closest Lowes, I got an error message. Finally I tried the Frisco store and was successful. Friday morning I drove to the Frisco store. I began to wonder if anyone had ever placed an online order before. They had to have a big conference, use two different computers and make a phone call before my order appeared. I then drove to the new Wal-Mart store which is right across the street from the Little Elm Lowes. It might have been less aggravating to pay the shipping charge and let UPS bring the package to my house.
 
What I bought was a tempered glass cutting board. I have placed my new printer on the carpeted floor in the study. The manual warned not to sit the printer on a rug. I looked around the house for something to place under the printer. The only thing I could find was the Corning Ware cutting board that I use in the kitchen. It was just the right size. I need my cutting board in the kitchen. I then searched the Internet and found a cutting board that was the same size as my Corning Ware board. This one was clear, crinkled, tempered glass at Lowes. It is just the right size for the printer.
 
I keep my notebook computer sitting on the sofa. I am sure the heat build up is what killed my old computer. Since the new computer arrived I have been sitting it on an old wood cutting board that I no longer use. The solid surface allows for air circulation and should prevent the heat build up that occurs when the computer sits on a sofa cushion. Yesterday morning I looked at the Amazon.com home page. They were displaying cutting boards because I had previously searched the site. There was one that is made out of polyethylene, but looks like black granite. It was the perfect size for the computer. I saw that the board was from Target which is one of Amazon's merchant partners. I checked the Target website and found the cutting board was available in the Frisco store. I went there yesterday morning; and have scouring the housewares aisles, I found the board. It is smaller than the old wood board, but yet is a little bigger than the computer. It does not poke me in the leg while I am using the computer. A few months ago I had not thought of cutting boards for having uses outside the kitchen.
 
On Friday I went to the bridge game in the village center. I was in a whole new world after having missed the previous week's game. I am afraid I am trying the patience of the other players.
 
 When I got home, the mailman brought the replacement part for the new printer's document feeder. I am very pleased with the new printer's performance and the treatment I received from Canon's tech. support. I dug a little deeper into the reference manual and read about the flash drives that are supported by the printer. It said if the drive conforms to the USB 2.0 standard and if a 8 gb drive is formatted for FAT32, it will work. I am fairly confident that the new Sandisk Cruzer Contour conforms. The Sandisk website still says it will be available in May. Amazon stills says my order will ship between May 8 and May 22.
 
The sandals that have been back ordered for several weeks have shipped. On Thursday I got my latest order from LL Bean and the lanyard for my ID badge from Shopadidas.com. I am really addicted to Internet shopping. It is so much easier to have things delivered to the door rather than driving all over the area and then walking the mall and store aisles.
 
Yesterday Frisco Lakes had a community wide garage sale. I did not participate. My neighbors across the street had quite a few people come and buy things. I walked over there and noticed they had a bouquet of silk flowers. There was a big purple flower that I thought would be just what my red hat needs. My neighbor pulled the purple flower out and gave it to me. She refused to take any money.
 

3 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Moobear said…

    Hi Sally,
    I thought you might want to know that if by chance you should ponder the idea of ordering an item from LLBean and it is on back order, it will be shipped by SmartPost. HORRORS! I did not know that until I ordered a pair of boat shoes and apparently the color was most popular as it was on backorder.
    Thought I would give you the heads up on that.
    Glad you are enjoying your new computer. I have XP Pro and was wondering if you like Vista better than XP. Just your personal opinion.
    Have a great day. And if you are a mom, Happy Mother's Day.

    Claudia

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Be patient with your caladiums. They do not come up uniformly, but will eventially all come up and be the same size. I have about 150 planted and just a few are peeking through. Sandy

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Sally said…

    Sandy,

    Thanks for the info. on the caladiums. I found 3 more this afternoon. It is finally warming to the mid-80's. This is my first spring in the Dallas area. The natives are telling me this spring has been cooler than normal. I think the cool temperatures have slowed the caladiums.

    Claudia,

    I have been down the backorder path with LL Bean several times and know how they use snail mail. For quite sometime I have restricted my orders to in stock items only.

    I have been fighting small, random bugs with Vista since the computer arrived on March 9. Since the last batch of updates from Microsoft were installed on Tuesday evening the computer has operated flawlessly. I may begain to like Vista, but for now if you have an XP machine with no problems, I can see no reason to install Vista.

    Sally

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.