My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Another Busy Week

Yesterday morning my friends from Beaumont arrived. They were the first visitors I have had from Beaumont since I left. I have made new friends here in Frisco, but it is not the same as being able to visit with people who share my experiences over the past years. Yesterday I realized how much I miss that. We had a busy day. After they inspected my house we went for a short drive around Frisco and then went to Stonebriar Mall to the Cheesecake Factory restaurant which is one of my favorite places to eat. I had a herbed salmon fillet. I cleaned my plate. I ate more than I had eaten since last Tuesday when I was ill. At last I can say I am back to normal and really enjoyed my meal. After lunch, we came back to Frisco Lakes. We toured the village center and then went to the sales center. It was quite a workout to go through almost all of the model homes. My friends drove back to Beaumont yesterday. They left a little before four and planned to reach Conroe by dark. They said they were very familiar with 105 from Conroe to Beaumont and did not think driving that road in the dark would be a problem. I admire their stamina. Last year when I made multiple trips between Beaumont and Frisco I never drove any of it in the dark. I always devoted a day to the drive and did not attempt other activities.
 
This morning I am going to sign up for a day trip to Fossil Rim Park. I had never heard of the place but did some searching on the Internet and found reviews and pictures. I read about the animals they have in the park and decided it would be safe. I think it will be a good opportunity to test the longer focal length lens I bought for my camera.
 
This afternoon there is the usual Canasta game and tonight I am going to a cooking demonstration in the village center. I do not know what to expect from the demonstration. Tomorrow I am going to the Dallas Museum of Art to see an exhibit of Matisse painting and sculpture. On Wednesday morning the bridge lessons resume. Thursday night there is supposed to a photography group meeting, but I have not received an email announcement. Friday morning I will finally get my haircut. I rescheduled my appointment and am really in need of a haircut. Finally I think I will have a couple of days of rest, but it will be time to play catch up with shopping and housework. I also have to send out the email to the Frisco Lakes Red Hat ladies to remind them of the luncheon next week.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Teresa said…

    Sounds like you are one busy lady. I purchased a new computer a couple of weeks ago and I want to throw it against the wall...VISTA. I finally packed it up and I'm calling Dell to order a new one with XP!

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Sally said…

    Teresa,

    I am sorry you are suffering the frustrations of Vista. I am not going to give up on mine. Microsoft will have to straighten out the problems, or it will be the end of Microsoft. I am still without a printer. I am very fearful of the day that I have to install the driver, other software and try to set up the new printer to work on the network.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.