My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Are We Having Fun, Yet?

Yes, we are. Monday I went to the canasta game. Some of the people were talking about family members being sick with the assortment of ailments I had last week. I had been wondering what I could have eaten that caused so much misery, but now I am convinced it was a bug that is making the rounds. I did not do as well at canasta this week as I did the previous week, but you cannot win them all.
 
The cooking demonstration and wine tasting Monday night were very entertaining. Karen is the name of the lady who does the cooking demos. Her day job is vice president of Pulte Finance, but she is very good at the cooking demos. She said she would have a place to vote on the Frisco Lakes website where we can choose the type of cuisine we want to see next month.
 
On Tuesday I went to the Dallas Museum of Art to see the Matisse collection. Frankly I thought the statues were ugly, but we ate in the museum's restaurant called 1717. The food was excellent. I had pecan-crusted chicken breast. Again we were under a tornado watch. It rained all day, but we were back to Frisco before the severe weather was unleashed. My NOAA weather radio alarmed all night. There were tornado watches, flash flood warnings, severe thunder warnings. The satellite lost its signal. I think my area got over four inches of rain, but we did not get high winds.
 
Yesterday I went to the bridge lesson. I found out that was going to be the last bridge lesson. I have been tossed to the wolves and told to go play bridge. There is a group that meets on Friday afternoons. I was assured that they are all beginners. I feel like I need more instruction.
 
When I got home from bridge, I found the package from LL Bean on my doorstep. The tee top that I ordered was called purple clover and looked very purple on my computer. I was disappointed to find it looked more lavender than purple. I did not think it would be suitable for the Red Hat luncheon next week. This morning I decided to check out the store in Frisco called Rebekah's that the Queen Bee had mentioned. I found the store. In a corner in the back of the store they had purple clothing specifically for Red Hat ladies. I found a purple top. It is a long shirt made out of sheer purple rayon with silver threads woven in and red hats scattered all over it. They only had one is size small. It is sufficiently tacky to be appropriate, but not so extreme that I will be embarrassed to be seen in it. I will wear black slacks with the new tee and the sheer purple top with the red hats over the tee. Now I need some purple decoration for my hat such as ribbon, flowers or feathers. I also could use some flashy jewelry. Well, I have done enough for this month. Maybe next month I can add to the outfit.
 
Tonight I go to the photography group meeting. People are supposed to bring their flower pictures from last month. Since I did not attend last month's meeting I will just be observing. Tomorrow morning I finally will get my haircut. I changed my regular appointment because of the bridge lessons. I hope I am able to go back to the Wednesday morning appointments. On Saturday night I am going to the Flix and Mingle event. I keep forgetting to find out what the movie is going to be.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.